Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Of Love That Past

I see your face before me now
Oh what happiness just to gaze
Upon such beauty that fate allow
The years gone by but cannot faze
The joy and pleasure but linger still
As past love once more to soar
And emotions hasten my heart to fill
A time respite to haunt no more

Beauty rests lightly upon your being
Your face puts forth a gentle light
And as created, a wonder to be seen
Oh dear lady what wondrous sight
Your voice brings forth sound to thrill
Such sound so sweet that none compare
A haunting sound that lingers still
To instill a feeling that is oh so rare

Oh blessed be an aged mind
With alacrity still to recall
Of days gone by and love to find
Before the end and darkness fall
Your gentle soul is mine to keep
If only in my heart and thought
Such pleasure joy stays mine to reap
And fills my heart with more than sought

No comments: