Saturday, December 8, 2007

Religion and Politics

A candidate has revealed from his past
He says freedom needs religion to last
Oh candidate it seems where you stand
If elected then I must leave the land
What matters you succumb to what is not
As in years past you will maintain the rot

World favor U.S. will not need endure
If it maintains policy and claims to be pure
Tax breaks to religion continue on the dole
From those of us who wish not the toll
And prayers in school you will laud
War to continue, perpetuate the fraud

Religion not a best way, that is sure
For arrogance and bias it will lure
To separates us all it will surely do
As it seeks to glorify just a few
A free land there may still be
But we must pay the political fee

To keep our beliefs and not attempt to sway
And perhaps once we will have freedom's way
If not, then this land must I renounce
More of the same I cannot countenance
Stupidity, lies and malice have ruled the day
For one, I am sick to death of the price we pay

Canada, Sweden, and Demark all stand tall
If freedom's pleasures I seek to install
If need be a new language will I speak
For to breathe free air is what I seek
To escape these leaders with blithering gall
To live in a land no longer to appall

No comments: